International Students

The needs of students studying at WMU on an F-l visa are unique and require additional attention to meet their needs. WMU recognizes that these students need more help than local students in adjusting to life at WMU and United States. The international student office is available to answer any questions international students may have. The university does not operate dormitories. International students who need to find housing can search on local Korean websites for vacancies near the university.



About I-20

WMU is authorized by the U.S. Government to issue the I-20 form for visas from foreign countries. Once the foreign applicant is accepted, WMU will send various documents including the I-20 form. Foreign students must enroll as full time students, which mean a graduate student must take 9 or more credits per semester and an undergraduate student must take at least 12 credits. Foreign students should direct their questions to the Director of International Students.